Saturday, January 29, 2011

How To Make Honeycombs Denim

Day # 6

I always notice more how important rituals are. The also say psychotherapists and I rate this in my professional practice many clients. A good daily structure in my reports always mentioned as a sign of successful lives. An unstructured daily routine usually leads to a kind of real neglect and can just mentally ill are not in her confusion to rest.
When my days are sometimes so so times and I am not yet know how the rest of the day look like and what it will contain a brief one, not even times when I would come home, you can see the my house always - chaos.

So know I'm doing this for a long time with the rituals, they give structure and helpful to necessary order. But here I can feel it, experience it.

monastery rules are strict rules. Anyone who engages this and is it required only as a visitor, these rules must be observed.

Man commits the areas of silence be observed: these are the residential floors in the retreat house, the cloister and the paths to the three sacred spaces. The rooms themselves in the only set liturgical chants and texts (psalms and prayers) together be discussed and sections of the Bible as another edifying text from a prayer book, for example.

The Liturgy of the Hours, that is the liturgy with the three devotions at 7:00, 12:00 and 18:00 clock that follow such a strict always said the same order - only the lyrics change, the process is strictly classified, as is well structuring the clearest commitment that you received here.

But other little things: as the evening I always turn my grain through the mill and soaking it in to have breakfast is a Frischkornbrei I refine with yogurt and fruit - I think it's totally delicious, even if only sometimes funny sounds.

I have fixed working hours, the take place in the Liturgy of the Hours 9:30 am to shortly before 12:00. I can eat breakfast 7:30 to 8:00 and then sit on my Uniarbeiten ncoh 1.5 hours.

And then just the afternoon. I think I stop in the evening even more elaborate reading out of the necessary textbooks, and then only to the highest clock 21:00. That seems more effective when it is clearly structured and then I also nciht come so late to bed, because there are still the rituals of this Tagebcuh attributed, and my time in front of the shrine.

I introduced earlier this year at home to start a little morning and evening ritual in the bathroom and - a little vain - to pursue age-related facial.

I noticed it helped to have better sleep because the body knows it then he should be set on the bed and walking the necessary gravity bed (ha, I sometimes defiantly use that word) produced.

But it seems that is not enough, because that's all unstruktuiert, because hardly any real order below.

I hope I find ways in my daily rituals of a few here on the events there to adapt and implement. Let's see what I think and create.

I think about where I could have my apartment set up in a small shrine decorated prayer corner like this. I'm not the classic religious silence-time type what's always with me so sporadic - but if I can find for my ritual of here a reasonable impractical shape.


That reminds me of something a grade. For quite some time since I've seen it so I guess the liturgy in the Protestant churches (the other now, but I'm still not entirely understood). They give order and orientation.

reason annoys me again just how ridiculous the church year, and especially the liturgy of the Church, was then made by the leader of my Bible school. I know he just did not understand, but perhaps a better understanding of the trial as to bring about other cherished ...

In particular, the assertion Pentecostal churches have no liturgy was so I can put in my infamous student prayer again. (To my knowledge übrignes the only one ever in the history of the school caused an immediate reply, although it was not substantive but formal in nature, as some have felt under attack. Content, I was praised later closed doors of faculty for this explicitly.)

And where an order was missing there was often confusion - all smüssen Allsen surprised what comes next and perhaps even this does not fully engage in the moment. And how often "chatter" a prayer in the next program point purely because he could not know that the loud common prayer time was over right now? A short ritual that indicates the end could prevent the embarrassment for both speakers, an amen a solid closing prayer (why not "Our Father" spoken together can be tricked into anything yet) or a solid showing last song this the end?

When I speak of the benefits and value of rituals, of course not empty shells of dead forms, but rigid mechanisms of living rituals to be lived consciously and are filled with it.

I realize again just how bad it is, if one was to be something completely out of fear of the danger of imbalance can.

Monasteries have been since the Reformation - rejected for Protestant and evangelical, and frowned upon - because of the bad experiences of the reformers. Well it is the people again remember and recognize the worth and so it reflects Protestant communities and monasteries like this one.

I can only recommend each and every time this "monastic experience to stay here. For which the offer is what has this monastery and the local Brotherhood set to the task.


photos to make the score h s nciht here, from what I've AEBR Postkartendun brochures for you:
here the oratory, where there are the flat midday prayers yesterday Beshir:

The space was formerly the Library of the Church of the old monastery is in ruins today. The Oratory is located on the old Sakristai dei today the chapel (which more another time)
that is the sculpture of Jesus and John aud me small altar.

Each of the three is sacred spaces eggs Person of the Trinity (three-Eini nature) of God ordained / gewittmet forth the Holy Spirit, the high lufitge large bright room - the oratorio is enter without shoes

0 comments:

Post a Comment