Internet leaves.
and I feel good here, yes, of course, am in good hands.
I'm in the off-days in the evening making notes which moved me yet so I can so my thoughts after my return even write down and publish more.
also how I fared with my hope of here with something to increase in my daily life.
|
| my humble monk's cell is beautiful |
Or a few thoughts I will also take in my work. Apart from the last week I helped a lot in the kitchen and I as well as some of the Hamburger Tafel - Cook Group, which I would like to introduce co-head at work, because I think they are good to our clients. The group has indeed a strong social work job.
But one of the most important issues that I'm at work with clients (in the cooking group, and above all my clients that I single management) will take me also about the here today would like to write in the monastery diary.
gratitude
I've long been a tendency, or interest in monastère life and monastic life. (This may later times more). What is relatively clear at the life of the monks, is the humility and modesty. Building the Benedictine rule on almost all the monasteries or monastic rules of the Western world (even the Eastern churches are influenced by it), provides even life to measure. That is the one just life after provisos of the canonical Hours, which divides the day, and certainly different and more natural than it does a clock or an alarm clock (at least by their basic ideas - today these are also times usually controlled by a clock the bell "heteronomous" - but even that, I'll still know to report).
Second, the order also calls for moderation in all in the sense of modesty. Let it eat and drink, whether owned, etc.
This modesty leads directly to gratitude.
Br David Steindl-Rast OSB (= Benedictines) writes: The less you have, the more you appreciate what you have. When everything falls away insignificant until you realize how much you're satisfied with the gifts of life.
first is of course a truism, and nothing really new for thinking people.
on Facebook said the days of the pastor of my former community: What is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? "The smile of a sleeping child" was one of the answer de MCIH see speech, I thought then what you answer? Hmm - there's great natural wonders, formations and landscapes, as well as moments of brilliant sunrise and sunset or cloud formations over the moon, a clear starry sky. I wish to take special people to great touching observations of human behavior.
Eventually I realized that these two weeks here have sharpened my view, the view for the NOW which is now what the transcendent is not on my clock it now. (Of which I will report tomorrow).
I answered "The group Balzter the robins this morning in the bushes outside my window."
people were the colors are always bright red? I had a rather pale red in memory, well, one probably only for courtship or someone ornithological more information about this for me?
|
| my window, thankfully |
any case, here it is so quiet the roads are so far away that cause only a small background noise that the wind often drowned out. Thus I am not here constantly distracted my perception is more acute. So I discovered this morning when birdies glance out my window and stayed to watch them and I was pleased by how it lit up and twittering hopped from branch to branch. Later, under the bushes small tits pecking the ground for food. Adorable this little pretty things. Even a few days ago I tied two of these little ones krakelten while walking over to me in a tree. Since we had the last few days (and nights) severe storm and it was freezing cold, the birds apparently enjoyed the clear cloudless sky and the resulting sunshine. (I too am today to read and design for my work in social work policy to a bank went to the sun).
When did the last time I got to nature like this? Even the unassuming blackbird between the tits was beautiful.
What do I expect otherwise so I find something beautiful? The Germanys Next Topmodel past me going? So the answer to the question of the pastor, it was the smile of a sleeping child, or a friend simply wrote: "my children" I am also very good. Also, the modesty is to be thankful for what one is given. By Brother Steindl-Rast, I read this morning in my private Lauds (remember, on Monday there are only common Vespers):
We think people are grateful because they are happy. But that's wrong, too? If we look closely we will notice that people are happy because they are grateful. gratitude as a basic attitude is a source of happiness. Everything else is unstable no basis, because we do not always get great is not living the high spirits of a summit of the other oh. Life is not a pony, we still live in the Barbie dream house. For my term paper in Social Sciences, (is the way, is ready for Friday) I was made by the Nobel laureate Amartya Sen in his latest book, a testimony of my beloved Aristotle carefully: wealth is certainly not the supreme good. He has only one utility: Funds for other purposes he wrote in his Nicomachean Ethics (Nicomachus was his son and him, he has devoted to the work as legacy). And so, writes Sen, that advantage can not be measured adequately by income or wealth ... it is not a reliable indicator of good or privileged life.
But on such unreliable appearances we make our luck just laid often.
The monk in a monastery or a visitor may feel it more what it takes, he is encouraged to live modestly, he is sure to delight rely on other things than just possession or marketed as great. And to provide the world so much.
Once more (it is also the end) Brother David Steindl-Rast: The excessiveness of an affluent society there is exactly the opposite. In the English word "affluence" is the Latin root 'affluentia' the flow nch to recognize deutlcih, it means that what added water is hardly overflowing [I would say runs off]. Our affluent society holds back the added fluid in which it simply enlarges the container when it just like in the shells like a fountain overflowing gush over the edge into beautiful water cascades. The economy of the affluent society requires that the things which last year was something special for us, now can be considered as a matter of course, so the container is larger, and so is the joy of overflow, the gratitude always pushed out again. If we do but the smaller vessel in which we restrict our needs then it flows through faster, and therefore we are the joy of gratitude, he gave earlier. It is the overflowing that sparkles in the sun.
Wow a beautiful picture.
Well that's what I miss often with the client to take an apple to be grateful for nothing to get from the table, they despise him and are ungrateful because he has a small bruise cutable.
- Well maybe teaches the D-celebrity jungle camp that we can be grateful not eat kangaroo-closing muscles have to or that you do not even 14 days endure the remoteness blasphemous Mrs Zitlow needs to sometimes left short of his creditors in peace to be (as seen is the camp for some participants to determine ne improvement) but this excess actually deflected to the media only on the essential and flutters are unattainable from which it generates discontent and ingratitude.
I make my clients not to charge the company teaches one hand, the so (there's even frightening studies about it) but I know that by the lack of gratitude, the joy is missing and many of Freud deficiency causes disease or illness keeps. The one can not punctuate, whether the disease or the joyless joyless was sick but I know, except for depression, where the setting is not controlled in such a way is a decision for the joy of living way out of many psychological problems.
modesty and moderation leads to a renewed perception that sharpens the gratitude and that's the secret to happiness.
This Sense Thank you for existing. I was a pleasure
0 comments:
Post a Comment